Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pothole navigation

The winter havoc continues. Potholes have been a problem for a while now--especially on the stretch of Lake Shore Drive I navigate on my way to work. People were losing tires to the chuckholes today. If that weren't enough, slushy streets are now delivering electric shocks to people. And southern Wisconsin saw a scary 19-mile long backup on I-90 that left drivers stranded for hours. That story and some nice pictures from northern Ohio here.

Finally, Chicagoist, out of character, gushed about this horrible behemoth-gas-guzzler at the Chicago auto show. It's not even the 4 mpg that bothers me most, but the congestion-causing, accident-inducing insanity of this waste of space. And, yes, I like Alton Brown about 1 million times more.

No comments: