Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gore-y carbon

I hadn't seen "An Inconvenient Truth" until last night, and, admittedly, I only saw the first hour of it. Al Gore, in a Carl Sagan-like slide show, meticulously and straightforwardly proves that global warming is real. Everything is described in simple terms. And the pictures of Mount Kilimanjaro and Alpine glaciers are enough to make you question your carbon footprint.

Gore's attention to detail and enthusiasm for science is inspiring. I'm borrowing this from something I read recently, but when you think about what he's done since 2000 (Nobel Peace prize, Academy Award) versus what our actual president has done there's no question who has had the more positive impact on the world and left a prouder legacy.

2 comments:

JayB said...

Where would we be now if Gore had won the election in 2000. I believe our country, and possibly, the world, would be on a far different(i.e. greener and more peaceful) path.

UptownRooster said...

Indeed. I'm hopeful the candidate who just won your state can make a difference.